If you use ScienceDirect and have IE8 installed on your personal computer or laptop, please read the following announcement from the provider:
ScienceDirect to cease support of Internet Explorer 8 on January 1, 2016
Why are we ceasing support of IE8?
We are following Microsoft’s directive to focus our support on newer, officially-supported IE browser versions. Microsoft announced in 2014 that, as of January 2016, it would only support the most recent IE browser version with technical support and security updates. We strongly encourage our customers to follow Microsoft’s directive as well by updating to more recent versions of IE. Additionally, users can move to the latest versions of the Chrome or Firefox browsers for an optimal ScienceDirect experience.
By removing IE8 from our support list, we will be able to provide the following future enhancements:
- Remove current IE8 security issues
- Enhance existing security measures across all browsers
- Add support for new browser technologies
- Add responsive design to aid use of ScienceDirect across devices
- Improve accessibility to better enable access to people with diverse abilities
Note: Compatibility mode in IE9 or higher reverts the browser back to IE7 or IE8 behavior. If you experience issues accessing ScienceDirect using IE9 or higher, please disable the compatibility view mode in your IE browser.