The EBL Ebook Library platform has now been relaunched as ProQuest Ebook Central. The new platform has the same great scholarly ebook content but with a streamlined interface and improved functionality.
Where can I access ProQuest Ebook Central?
You can access Ebook Central in the same way as before; just go to our A-Z Online Resources page via the Library intranet and look for ProQuest Ebook Central. *Remember, it is important to access resources using the authenticated links provided on the Library intranet pages. If you don’t use these links, you may struggle to get to the full-text, especially if you are off-campus*
Ebooks on the go!
Ebook Central is designed with mobile in mind. Access the site from your tablet or phone, and download ebooks for offline reading.
What Can I do in Ebook Central?
Use Ebook Central to quickly and easily find relevant ebooks and chapters; read online; search within the ebook; and highlight, take notes and bookmark pages in your online copy, stored on your bookshelf for you. You can also share your research with others, download ebooks and chapters to your laptop or mobile device, and more.
Where can I find more about Ebook Central?
Click on the Help button (question mark icon) from the top right of the Ebook Central platform. This will take you to a comprehensive help section covering topics such as searching; downloading; reading online; and saving items to your bookshelf:
Key Features of Ebook Central
- Streamlined search and advanced search options
- Ebook Central Reader – the default view includes an expandable table of contents, a robust search within feature, relevancy ranked search terms by chapter, and a navigation tool bar in the content pane
- Quickly return to the home screen by clicking the Ebook Central logo in the top left of the screen
- Easily start a new search from wherever you are in Ebook Central – just look for the search box at the top of the screen, or the search link from the top right options
- Search terms are highlighted in the results list, there’s a short description about the book and the status is clearly marked (Available = full-text available, Available on Request = 5 minute preview available and the option to request it for purchase)
- Simple to use filters allow you to easily refine your search by Year Published, Subject, Author etc.
- Ebooks can be downloaded (full book (if allowed) or specific chapter), read online, or added to your bookshelf. In addition, you can easily share a link to the book and export the citation directly to RefWorks
- Easily view print and copy allowances
- See more about Read Online functionality here
- See more about Book Annotations here
- Find out about Accessibility here
If you need any further help or information on using Ebook Central, just let us know!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org