We currently have trial access to IEEE Xplore Digital Library! It is a great resource for Engineering and Computing subjects and the trial is running until the end of March, 2017.
What is it?
The IEEE Xplore digital library is a powerful resource for discovery of and access to scientific and technical content published by the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and its publishing partners.
IEEE Xplore provides online access to more than 4 million full-text documents from some of the world’s most highly cited publications in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics.
What content does it have?
- IEEE Journals – 180+ titles
- IEEE Conference Proceedings – 1,600+ annual titles
- IET Journals – 26 titles
- IET Conference Proceedings – 20+ titles
- IEEE Active, Historical and Archive standards – 2,800+ titles
- VDE Verlag Conference Proceedings – 20+ titles
- Bell Labs Technical Journal
How do I access IEEE content?
All IEEE content is discoverable via LibrarySearch
Results in LibrarySearch will look like this:
We need your help!
We previously had a subscription to IEEE but it expired at the end of 2015. We know that there’s loads of great content for us and that you like the Xplore platform. However, we really need you to test out accessing IEEE content via LibrarySearch and let us know how you get on:
- Do you find IEEE content is surfacing at the top of your results list?
- Can you link through to the full-text easily?
- What kind of search terms are you using?
- Are you seeing lots of results for IEEE content?
Please send us your feedback – all is welcome, good and bad. You can send it via Twitter, Facebook, email us, tell your Academic Librarian, write it on the feedback walls in the Library. We don’t mind how you let us know, but please do tell us what you think!